Remember how you learned about the music industry? Maybe it was working backstage. Maybe it was in an office. Maybe it was even while touring with a band. No matter the situation, you were probably trying to learn about your industry, and become part of the action. You also probably spent a lot of time asking experienced people around you tons of questions. In fact, you had to get yourself into the right place, at the right time. Again and again and again.
Now, TEI brings that right place and time directly to newcomers - both online and in person.
We know you are at the top of your game. That's why we want to work with you! Let us help you pay it forward by becoming one of our Gurus to educate the next generation of professionals. In addition to the intrinsic reward of sharing your knowledge and inspiring others, TEI offers opportunities for you to market yourself, your company and your products. You'll also sharpen your own understanding of the topics of which you are most passionate... and who knows, you might even just find your next amazing intern or production assistant attending your workshop.
What we do
We want our audience to really get to know you. They will see how you've developed a successful career and how you continue to evolve in this dynamic industry. TEI will create the go-to online destination which highlights your successes and showcases how YOU do things. Our customized marketing plan will make it easy to sell your sessions, and we pay direct financial compensation.
You lead up to 8 people in a 1 hour Skype workshop
• 2 hours per month minimum commitment
• You will receive a percentage of the revenue from your workshops
• More details below
You may be asked to participate in an episode of the ROAD CASE podcast or appear on a streaming hangout
• You may be offered a spot as a speaker at an event we host. If so, we will negotiate a day rate and cover travel expenses
• For many conferences we speak at, there is typically not compensation, but they may cover travel expenses.
This is all just the beginning
•As we grow, and expand, we may have larger special projects
• Negotiated on a case by case basis
Our market research and personal experience shows us that our audience wants direct access to industry veterans and are willing to pay for it. Online mentoring is our way of facilitating a natural conversation to talk shop and learn in a casual environment.
How it works
- Each workshop will be 1 hour long and held on Skype
- You will hold at least 2 workshops per month
- Up to 8 people can attend each workshop
- We provide an administrator who sets up the skype session, helps moderate live on the call, and handles any technical or customer services issues so you don’t have to.
- You select the dates and times that work best for you
- You set the rate you charge (within our rate structure and guidelines)
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy
- If an attendee cancels in within 24 hours of the session, they are still charged
- If you cancel the session within 24 hours of the session, you offer a free session to people who signed up
We will provide guidelines on
- Your rate
- Day and time for workshop
- Frequency of workshops
- Marketing your workshops
- Session topics
- How to execute your workshop most effectively
We will work with you to determine the best pricing for your workshops to maximize revenue.
After a deduction for ticket fees and any agreed upon advertising spend, The remaining revenue will be split 70% to you, 30% to TEI.
Payments You have 3 options for the fees you have earned:
- Payable to you: Payments will be processed weekly, either by check, paypal or ACH transfer.
- Donation to Charity For some of you, this may be a drop in the bucket compared to your income and you are interested in being a guru for the intrinsic reward, not the money. No problem! We would be happy to donate your earnings (all or a portion) directly to Unite the United (the 501(c)3 we support) in your name. We work with them to ensure our donated funds go towards music education for children.
- Redeemable for mentoring sessions It’s always great to learn from more experienced professionals and people with expertise in other parts of the business whom you don't easily have access to. We can set you up in other sessions at a discount.